tunia
Haven't gone to office since the past three days. Hoping against hope I gather the strength to get up early and go tommorow! :) Meanwhile, I did something very productive today, learnt to make paper mache from 'Art Attack' and made a night lamp for my room! Spent an hour taking pictures of it in the dark, with the light on, in daylight, from all possible angles!! I am quite proud of it!

Now is the time to decide whether to join back the hostel for the coming semester or not. I had previously decided to discontinue my stay in the hostel. But I fear losing the freedom to spend time with myself that I have become used to and can not do without. I like being on my own and do little things like sit at the computer, read a book, think, listen to music, watch a movie or do other stuff. Nothing very significant, pretty mundane but all the same I have missed being able to do all that over the summer. (I am working from home)


The other day, I was glued to a book and did nothing else the whole day. All my mother's attempts at trying to talk to me or get me to do something were returned by hostile stares or irritated grunts and sighs! I hate someone intruding while I am reading or doing stuff which I enjoy doing alone. I also noticed that I like having my dog around me during such times. Guess its something about human presence or maybe still about the comfort of sharing silence. This is completely in contrast to what I used to be like. Ironically, this is the way I like it!


Do you like doing crafty stuff? How do you like spending your time?

PS: Updated the post since thoughts relating the same kept streaming through my mind all night long.
caboodle mix :: , , , , edit post
11 Responses
  1. Sandi Says:

    I totally know what you mean about being alone. My favorite times are when I'm alone in my house and can do whatever - play on the computer, read, watch a movie, mess around with my scrapbook or blog. Those times are precious to me - and too few and far between.


  2. Anonymous Says:

    No crafty work but I liked making models (ships) and then sinking them with a pellet gun.


  3. tunia Says:

    Sandi> Initially I used to be quite upset about having to stay alone and not always having someone around to hang out with. Now I cherish my time alone! :)

    Sam> Saddist!! Mustav been fun though! ;)


  4. tunia Says:

    Sam> How do you like the lamp I made? *big eyed, very innocent!* (yeah, I am being cheesy! :))


  5. tunia Says:

    Updated the post since thoughts relating the same kept streaming through my mind all night long.


  6. Anonymous Says:

    The lamp looks cute! ;) I wouldn't mind putting an m80 firecrack and shooting a high burst on the camera to capture the explosion [evil grin]


  7. tunia Says:

    Oh! you try doing that! *bloody hostile challenging look*
    loL! :)


  8. Anonymous Says:

    haha. I'd put my hand on your forehead while you flung your arms around wildly. :)


  9. Anonymous Says:

    You can steal the idea since it wasn't mine! :)

    BTW, you're it! You have to post EIGHT RANDOM FACTS ABOUT you!!!


  10. tunia Says:

    loL! thats gonna be a tough one! But, it'll sure be on the agenda!!
    :)


  11. tunia Says:

    Aaaaa... not tough, tricky!